Driver's License and Work Permits for Home School Students
Posted by Margaret Thomas on 19 February 2014 09:08 PM

Driving Permit or License

To obtain a driving permit or license, a copy of the electronically submitted Declaration of Intent to the GaDOE website with a 36 unique character digital parent signature is all that is needed.

Work Permits

Work permit forms required by the Department of Labor in accordance with the law O.C.G.A. § 39-2-11 provides in part: § 39-2-11.  Employment certificates -- Required; requirements for issuance.  GaDOE is ONLY responsible for issuing the Declaration of Intent (DOI) for the work permits.  On receipt of your DOI, please access the Georgia Department of Labor for instruction on obtaining the Home Study Program Employment Certificate.

Georgia Department of Education