The Georgia Virtual School program (GaVS) has been providing schools and students with options and opportunities to supplement public, private, and home school course offerings since 2005. GaVS offers courses during the proper school year as well as providing a tuition based summer school program.
- Georgia Virtual School has a complete high school curriculum which includes Advanced Placement and college prep level courses. GaVS also provides a limited middle school curriculum for summer remediation.
- Middle school students, with approval, may also take high school level courses.
- All Georgia Virtual School courses are taught by Georgia certified, highly qualified teachers.
- Georgia Virtual School offers courses free of charge to all Georgia public school students who are taking the courses as a part of their state reported school day. A limited number of state funded seats are available to home school students as well.
- Georgia Virtual School has a tuition option, allowing students to take courses in order to further enhance their course of study or to catch up if they have fallen behind in their course of study.
- GaVS courses are NCAA approved.